Apple responds to users complain quickly
It seems that Apple have been really listening and responding to user complains since the iOS 6 upgrade.
Many users have been raising calls and complains to Apple regarding some bugs noticed on iDevices since upgrading it to the latest release.
Apple has released a quick response to the user requests, and released the first update and named it as iOS 6.0.1.
The new update is targeting the following minor fixes:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
This update gave us one message from Apple, which says that I’m listening and I do really care to give you a flawless products.