It’s Final… iPhone 5 is the name.
As expected, Apple announced the new iPhone and named it iPhone 5. The design is quite similar to iPhone 4S with more luxurious look and accents.
Apple announced that this will be sleeker, thinner and lighter iPhone than the earlier one.
The announced features for the new device are:
- “It’s made entirely of glass and aluminium.”
- “It’s the thinnest phone we’ve ever made, and the lightest.”
- 18% thinner than iPhone 4S, 7.6 mm
- 20% lighter than the 4S, 112 grams
- Retina display, 326 PPI, 1136 x 640 screen resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio
- “The new screen on iPhone 5 is a 4 inch display.”
- 44% more color saturation
- “We’ve added HSPA+, DC-HSDPA, and yes… LTE.”
- “There’s now a single chip for voice and data, and a single radio chip.”
- The Apple A6 chip – ”Compared to the A5, it’s two times faster… but 22% smaller.”
- Battery exceeding the one in iPhone 4S. 225 hours in standby, 8 hours 3G talk time.
- Camera: 8mp, backside illuminated, hybrid IR filter, Dynamic low light mode, precision lens alignment, sapphire crystal.
- The most amazing new feature in the iPhone 5 is called panorama – It’s panorama mode.
- 1080p video, improved video stability, face detection — you can take photos while shooting video.
- Three microphones, bottom, front, and back.
Can’t wait to see Apple stocks going higher 😉