Microsoft Reveals the Most played 360 Games of 2011
The most played Xbox 360 game of 2011 will surprise absolutely no one. Neither will the second or the third, for that matter.
The list, released on Major Nelson’s blog today, covers the top twenty games played by Xbox Live users (Silver and Gold) during 2011. These numbers are based on unique users, rather than total accumulated playtime, otherwise I suspectthat game with the dragons and the arrows might have ranked a little higher.
Call of Duty dominates the top of the chart with its three most-recent installments. Halo: Reach, Battlefield 3 and Skyrim ranked fourth, fifth and sixth respectively. The two latest FIFA games outdid Madden by a hair, so Europeans can get their smug on, should they so wish.
The list in full:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Halo: Reach
- Battlefield 3
- Gears of War 3
- FIFA 12
- FIFA Soccer 11
- Madden NFL 12
- GTA IV
- NBA 2K11
- Battlefield: Bad Co. 2
- Call of Duty 4
- Battlefield 3 Beta
- Halo 3
- Gears of War 2
- Forza Motorsport 4
- Red Dead Redemption
- Call of Duty: World at War
According to the other lists on the blog, Pinball FX2, Full House Poker and the, seemingly immortal, Castle Crashers were the best selling Arcade games, while a pair of shameless Minecraft knock-offs took first and second place in the indie rankings.
- Apple’s iPhone Business Alone Is Now Bigger Than All Of Microsoft
- Nokia Lumia 710 Released
- Why Microsoft’s Kinect Is the Next Big Thing In Gaming
- Kinect for Windows out now
- 20 ways to max out your Xbox 360
- How to block Attachment Uploads using Microsoft TMG
- iOS Developer Bypasses the App Store and Sells Games on eBay
- First Impression Review of Microsoft Lync for iPhone and iPad: The Best Comes Last?
- The Shortcuts to your Facebook
- Microsoft Reveal Windows 8