iPhone 4S features A5, 8MP camera, integrated SIM; iPhone 5 in spring 2012?
Backing up claims of a next-generation iPhone with an iPhone 4-like form factor, Macotakara claims that Apple is set to debut an iPhone 4S with an ARM Cortex-A9 and an 8 megapixel camera. The ARM Cortex-A9 is the CPU foundation for Apple’s customized A5 processor in the iPad 2. The iPad 2?s A5 is a dual-core chip, but the report is unsure if the iPhone 4S version is dual core. Sources told 9to5Mac last month that Apple is already testing an iPhone 4 with an A5 chip with high-profile game developers and it is likely that the iPhone 4S’s A5 will be dual-core.
The report also says backs up claims of an iPhone with dual-mode support for CDMA and GSM networks. This has long been expected since our discovery that the Verizon iPhone 4 carries a Qualcomm Gobi chip; a chip that supports both CDMA and GSM networks. The unique part about the report’s claim is that it says the iPhone 4S will feature an integrated SIM card system. That means the card is not user replacable. Apple was rumored to be working on an integrated SIM feature for future devices, but this claim has since been shot down.
The report also adds that a full iPhone revamp – iPhone 5 – is expected in spring 2012. This may mean that Apple has not just changed their iPhone release cycles to September; the September new iPhone thing could just be a 2011 thing. That’s great news for anyone holding out for an all-new design.
- iOS 7 Problems – iCloud
- Apple reveals iOS 7… Bring it on Android
- Happening Now… Apple Event – iPhone 5S revealed!!
- Happening Now… Apple Event – iPhone 5C revealed!!
- Apple’s iCloud services including iMessage is returned to normal after short outage.
- The iOS 6 Features everybody’s keeping quite about!!!
- Sony NEX-5N Review
- Apple officially gives Google Maps the boot, launches own Maps app with turn-by-turn navigation
- Apple unveils iOS 6 at WWDC, launch apps with Siri, Facebook integration, Maps
- Apple announces refreshed MacBook Air: Ivy Bridge processor, USB 3.0, shipping today