Droid X gets genuine Gingerbread update, leaked build floats out for the impatient
Still bothering with that unofficial 2.3 update for your comparatively monstrous Droid X? Good news, eager beaver; right on cue, the bona fide Gingerbread update is rolling out to select Droid X owners this weekend, and if you aren’t lucky enough to be included in the initial soak test, you can take matters into your own hands by visiting the source links below. Per usual, we’d caution against a manual install for those who aren’t familiar with the process, particularly since the masses should receive it as the week forges on. Naturally, the v2.3.3 changes are subtle (at least in comparison to the changes seen in the leap from Eclair to Froyo), but hey — an update’s an update.
- Android 4 quietly rolling out to international Galaxy Note
- Apple officially gives Google Maps the boot, launches own Maps app with turn-by-turn navigation
- Google Unveils Nexus Q Streaming Media Player
- iOS 6 is live now!
- Apple responds to users complain quickly
- Android now paying the price for iOS similarities
- Setting Up your Face Recognition unlock feature in Android 4.0 devices
- Want to Search Google Images? Draw a Picture