‘nesting pc virtual tablet’ by sono mocci – ‘FUJITSU design award 2011′ competition shortlisted entry
a concept by japanese-born, italy-based designer sono mocci, ‘nesting pc virtual tablet’ is a combination tablet and data visualization
interface with automatic battery charging and data syncing. phones, memory cards, CDs, USB ports, and I/O cables can be plugged
directly into the device, where they will show up as images on the touchscreen for easy manipulation and access. the design was shortlisted
from over 1000 concepts in our recent designboom competition ‘a life with future computing‘, organized in collaboration with FUJITSU.
the 13-inch concept tablet features a dedicated dock for mobile phones. when inserted, a visualization of the phone onscreen
works in the same manner as would the device itself, permitting dialing, calling, texting, and other use. the loading of disk media
or flash drives offers a similar intuitive functionality. integrated charging eliminates the need for AC or outlet-specific adapters
for these kinds of devices.
closer view of the phone, which can be used normally when docked in the tablet
view of the tablet’s dedicated ports
closer view of the hybrid virtual-physical machine in use
in the words of the designer:
‘today we have various types of computer interfaces, so the project [uses their] valuable functions but integrates their meaning.
it is a visualization of your intuition, an interface on an interface, a nesting structure of digital vision.‘
Read the full article here
- Microsoft Reveals the Most played 360 Games of 2011
- Sony Tablet S Review: Slick, and Simply Sony..
- Amazon Unveils $199 ‘Kindle Fire’ Tablet, Traditional Kindles Starting at $79
- iPhone 5 Concept Features
- Beating the iPhone at any cost may prove too expensive for Google
- Smartphones In 2015 To Be As Powerful As Xbox 360; iPhone 8 Could Be Your Next Gaming Console
- First iPhone 5 Knockoff Emerges In China; Expertly Rounds Up Rumors Of Next iPhone Design [PHOTOS]
- 5 future mobile battery charging technologies
- A beautiful but creepy vision of the “smart glass” future
- iPad Grabs 89% of Worldwide, 97% of U.S. Tablet Web Traffic