Firefox 5 Desktop And Mobile Browser Beta Released
Mozilla has announced the release of its latest beta client for its Firefox 5 browser which is currently under development for both desktops and mobile devices, as part of Mozilla’s new accelerated release schedule.
The latest release of Firefox 5 looks very similar to the current RC version of Firefox 4 apart from the introduction of the new channel changer intergration and the relocation of Mozilla’s Do Not Track opt-in to the privacy tab of the Firefox settings. Together with added support for HTML5, MathML, SMIL, and CSS animations.
The latest Firefox 5 includes the following updates and tweaks :
- Added support for CSS animations
- Added support for switching Firefox development channels
- The Do-Not-Track header preference has been moved to increase discoverability
- Improved standards support for HTML5, XHR, MathML, SMIL, and canvas
- Improved spell checking for some locales
- Improved desktop environment integration for Linux users
The release candidate of Firefox 5 is expected to arrive on June 21st.
- Apple Releases iOS 5.1 Beta 3 With The Ability To Toggle 3G Again
- Which Country Has the World’s Fastest Internet?
- Watani Online Goes Mobile Now!!!
- 5 future mobile battery charging technologies
- Microsoft Office 365 Goes Live
- iOS5 Mobile Safari smokes IE and Android browser, even on Microsoft’s tests
- Microsoft sends Mozilla traditional treat to celebrate shipping Firefox 5
- The Internet Of Things Is Coming Sooner Than You Think
- 15 Must know Firefox shortcuts
- More iOS 5 features get their moment in the beta testing sun